Who doesn't like Macaroni and Cheese? I mean really, it's like a slice of heaven! Warm, gooey, and filling with a crunchy crust. Aaaah...
Sorry, I just don't have anything more to say about Mac N Cheese- it's that good that it needs no commentary!
I will say that I served this comforting dish with a lovely salad of fresh spinach, sliced dried apricots, almond slices, and a dash of olive oil.
Homemade Mac N Cheese
With help from Boss Leslie
- 1 Box Elbow Macaroni, I think 8 oz, but maybe more
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 2+/- Tbsp. Flour
- 1 1/2 C. Milk
- 1/4 C. Cream
- 1-2 tsp. Dry Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 C. Shredded White Cheddar
- 1/2 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 C. Grated Romano Cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs, enough to coat top
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package and drain. Pour into a large casserole dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour, adding slowly until mixture is smooth and a little thick.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, bringing to a gentle boil, thickening the sauce. When it is smooth and creamy, mix in the cream.
- Stir in the mustard and salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Stir in the cheeses until melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cooked macaroni in the casserole pan. Sprinkle panko on the top of the mac n cheese until a you get a nice coating.
- Bake in oven until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.