Sunday, October 14, 2007

Non-Spicy or BBQ Chicken Wings

Howdy blog fans... it has been 2 weeks since I posted anything here. (I'm cheating the dates on Blogspot- it helps me keep things straight when I go back to recipes!) It's, uh, it's been busy. I have a relatively new job and I had a lot of work to put in for my first corporate class. So I did a little cooking, but there was time left for blogging- so sad.

The point of all of this is that the next few recipes I'm guessing about. I'm bad in the first place about measuring ingredients as well as writing things down as I cook, so there's a good chance I'm making some stuff up for a few upcoming entries, including this one. Just wanted truth in advertising, ya know?

Ok, so I think this recipe was made back on Sunday the 14th for watchin' football. I thought Adam would really enjoy some chicken wings and beer while enjoying the Pats tear the other team a new one. (I don't recall which team- with a perfect record and crushing against WA taking place as I type, I don't think it matters which one it was.) I don't like hot wings, so I found this kind of sweet, kind of rich marinade online. They were delicious! I may have halved the recipe- I don't remember. I didn't change much though!

However, it turns out Adam doesn't like wings. I guess I missed that somewhere along the way over the last 13 years. I ended up eating about 75% of them- in one sitting. Finger licking good, even if I do peel off most of the skin!


Mahogany Chicken Wings
From AllRecipes.com

  • 1.5 lbs. Chicken Wings
  • 1/2 C. Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 C. Honey
  • 1/4 C. Molasses
  • 2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
  • 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
  • 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed

  1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock baggie. Mush around to mix.
  2. Add in chicken and refrigerate for 30 min to 4 hours.
  3. Light the grill. Grill chicken on medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning once and watching that they don't go up in smoke with all that sugar in the marinade.

No comments: