Friday, October 12, 2007

Maple Glazed Pork Chops

I've been taking the semi-lazy route this week by turning off my creative cooking brain and instead just making other people's recipes. There is certainly nothing wrong with this- there are some great recipes out there and just because I'm not making stuff up new that doesn't mean we don't get some great variety.

This was yet another delicious "stolen" meal from another lady's blog. Tuesday evening we enjoyed this maple soaked pork recipe from Joelen's Culinary Adventures, although I had to adapt it as I didn't have tons of time or a slow cooker.

I really enjoyed this. It was not too sweet- which I thought it might have been. Adam isn't a huge pork fan and cuts about half of the meat off because they are "fatty pieces." Some are, some aren't, and either way he's crazy because the little bit of fat on my chops was DELICIOUS with this glaze. The only thing I would have changed would have been slightly less cooking time in my oven- it got just a little dry. If I get a crock pot for Christmas, I will for sure try this again with a nice slow roast.


Maple Glazed Pork Chops

  • 3 Large Pork Chops, about 1 1/2 lbs. total
  • 3 Tbsp. Real Maple Syrup
  • 2 tsp. Cumin
  • 2 tsp. Chili Powder
  • 2 tsp. Onion Powder
  • 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
  • 1-2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except the pork.
  3. Line a medium baking dish with foil. Place pork in dish. Using a fork, poke holes in both sides of the chop. Pour the marinade all over the pork, coating both sides.
  4. Roast pork in hot oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes, turning once about half way through.
  5. Remove pork and let it sit for about 15 minutes, with foil lightly covering the meat and allowing the steam to exit. Serve warm with other autumn inspired sides.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

this looks delicious!