Friday, August 10, 2007

It Ain't All Gourmet

Let's face it, you just can't make fancy or fascinating or complicated meals all the time. Sometimes you're just hungry and want something simple... or bad for you! Tonight I wanted take-out. Specifically I wanted Chicken Parmesan Subs from the local pizza place. BUT, I'm making sushi tomorrow and it's a little pricey to get all the fish, and I couldn't justify spending more money for things I shouldn't eat anyways.

So I made ghetto chicken parm subs. Super ghetto. It was quite tasty and hit the spot. I'm not ashamed.


Ghetto Chicken Parm Subs

  • 4 Frozen Chicken Patties
  • 4 Buns (from the freezer)
  • 4 Slices of Deli Provolone Cheese
  • Jarred Sauce
  • Oregano, Black Pepper, Salt- to flavor the jar sauce

(You'll note we forgot about Parmesan- oops!)
  1. Heat up the chicken patties as instructions indicate- 20 minutes in the toaster oven.
  2. Defrost the buns.
  3. When you flip the chicken halfway through cooking, put a slice of cheese on each patty.
  4. Heat the sauce, stir in spices, and spoon a little on the bottom half of each bun.
  5. Put a warmed patty on the bottom bun half, spoon more sauce on top, and slap on the top half of the bun.
  6. Enjoy!

1 comment:

laneyu said...

its really weird that this sounds really good to me right now...it's 8:45 in the morning!