Monday, August 20, 2007

Dijon Pasta Salad

I went to a lovely bachelorette party (for my guest chef Dianna Lee) this weekend and had a decadent dinner of Crispy Pressed Duck, followed by a jelly donut breakfast and BK Whopper Jr. lunch. I needed something light and relatively healthy for dinner or else I thought I might explode. But after such an exciting weekend, I had no energy to put in any effort. I searched my recipe box, but nothing in the Entree section suited me. I took a chance on the random papers in the back, expecting nothing.

Surprise, surprise, I found a nice little recipe I came up with in 2002. And it fit the bill. Now I followed my recipe to a T, but next time I would double the dressing. Subsequently, the dressing recipe below is doubled!


Dijon Pasta Salad
Salad

  • 1 Box of Small Pasta
  • 1 Cucumber, quartered and sliced
  • 2 Tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 1 or 2 Cans Tuna, drained

Dressing
  • 5-6 Tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 2-3 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
  • 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
  • 2 Tbsp. White Wine
  • 1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. Dried)

  1. Cook pasta as directed, being sure not to overcook. You want it good and al dente. Drain and cool pasta when cooked and put into large serving bowl.
  2. Add in sliced cucumber quarters, diced tomatoes, and flaked tuna to the pasta. Stir to mix thoroughly.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Let sit for a few minutes for flavors to blend. Pour over salad and toss to coat.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love Dijon mustard in dressing. I'm totally going to have to try this one!