Sunday, August 5, 2007

French Bread a la Kitchen Aid

So, this is kind of a lame blog entry as there isn't anything interesting about this, but I think it's cool that I made it, and so you are stuck reading it! This is my second loaf of yeast bread that I've ever made- although I used the same recipe for #2!! All I did was use the generic French Bread recipe from the user's manual. It is so delicious though- I could eat the whole loaf in one sitting by myself.


French Bread
From Kitchen Aid mixer manual, cut in half

  • 1 Package Active Dry Yeast
  • 1 1/4 C. Warm Water
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Salt
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
  • 3 1/2 C. Flour
  • Cornmeal

  1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and put it into a warmed Kitchen Aid bowl.
  2. Add in the flour, salt, and butter. Using the hook attachment, mix on speed 2 for about 3 minutes until the dough is in a pretty ball.
  3. Put the dough ball into a greased bowl and cover for an hour until the dough rises into double the size.
  4. When it rises, take it out and roll it flat, around 12" by 15". Tightly roll the dough into a loaf shape. Place it on a cookie sheet that is sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let it rise again for another hour.
  5. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Slice 4 diagonal slits in the top of the loaf and then bake for 30 minutes.
  6. Remove, cool, and devour!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That bread looks picture perfect! All you need now is a big hunk of cheese!

Erika said...

Mmmm, cheese!!! Yeah, that would be good- maybe tonight with dinner!

~Amber~ said...

Looks wonderful. I just made some bread yesterday myself. So darn good.