Sunday, September 2, 2007

Rosemary Salmon & Summer Veggie Saute

We decided to do a cookout with the neighbors for Labor Day weekend- sort of impromptu style. Of course I was going to have to go to the store and do a bunch of cooking for company. With all that effort in my near future, I wanted a simple and quick dinner. Since I already was at the store, I wandered past the fish counter and picked up some fresh salmon. I also had a zucchini from the neighbor's garden and needed to eats me greens, so I threw that in the mix as a side too. It was a really simple, attractive, and delicious dinner!


Rosemary Salmon

  1. In a saute pan with a lid, pour in some olive oil. Place a 1 lb. salmon fillet in the pan, skin side down, and place sprigs of fresh rosemary over the fish. I used about 5 or 6 sprigs.
  2. Heat the pan over medium heat and cover. Cook until the fish is cooked through in the thickest part. It should be about 10-15 minutes.


Carrot & Zucchini Saute
  1. Julienne a medium zucchini and either a handful of baby carrots, or 2 full carrots.
  2. Over medium-high heat, cook up carrots for in olive oil for 5-10 minutes.
  3. Add in zucchini and a little more olive oil. Cook for an additional 5-10 until both veggies are crisp tender.
  4. Season with salt and pepper and eat!

2 comments:

Cara said...

simple, delicious, and healthy, just the way I like it!

Starbright said...

do you cook these all by yourself??

glitglitglam.blogspot.com